Kashiraja

Kashiraja
to reign with light

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Solitude


Yogic sages say that both human pain and joy are caused by words. As Liz Gilbert says in “Eat, Pray, Love” we become seduced by our own mantras. Mantras of success, failure, judgement, etc. They become a part of us and begin to dictate how we experience life. To enter into silent solitude is to take away the suffocating power of our mantras, to allow yourself to breath and connect with your most pure self, your highest destiny.
There have been two times in my life where I have been asked to spend a day in silence. The first time, I was scared. How will I be able to stay quiet for a whole day? I was pleasantly surprised to find so much pleasure in my own silence. At first everything got louder in my own head but after the persistence of mind grew tired, everything became deafeningly silent. Colors became richer, noises more profound, food more rich and every sensation became more a part of me in a good way. Now, I embrace the silence. I only wish society was more accommodating of it. It seems like everywhere I go, there is a loud bustling about me. People think you are rude if they say hello and you don’t return the gesture, even if you wear a sign indicating you are “in silence.” People can’t seem to fathom why anyone would want to be in silence. Maybe they should give it a try?
It is magical and yet totally possible to go beyond thought. A acorn does not think about growing into an oak tree, it happens naturally and spontaneously. It was the acorns destiny. We are the captain of our own destiny and nobody else shares our path. In silence you come in contact that path... your story unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment